Action for Development (ACFODE) is a National women’s interest organization, with vast experience in promoting women’s rights and gender equality in Uganda. For the last three decades, ACFODE has been a strong advocate of gender equality, empowerment of women and girls; and the elimination of all forms of violence against women and girls.
- To influence the formulation and implementation of policies and legislation that promote gender equality
- To enhance the capacity of leaders to champion gender equality
- To promote positive social-cultural practices that protect the rights of women and girls
- To contribute to the effective implementation of programmes that economically empower women and girls in Uganda
- To strengthen ACFODE’s systems, and practices for efficient and effective implementation of her mandate
- To increase women’s effective involvement in politics and decision-making through building the leadership capacity of potential female leaders at all levels.
- To promote good governance and democracy at national, district and local council levels through democracy monitoring and civic education.
- To defend and protect women’s rights through the elimination of gender-based violence and any form of discrimination against women.
- To promote formulation and implementation of gender-responsive political, economic and social policies as well as programs.
- To build and strengthen the capacity of ACFODE and other like-minded civil society organizations for effective implementation of programs intended to benefit the vulnerable women.